Wednesday, January 28, 2009

November 28th 2008, Rejecting Expander

To say one has not suffered enough sounds martyrish and to some foolish. But who has not faced some great challenge and later realized the value of experience in relating to new challenges.

So, here I am. During this morning's dressing change, my husband was clearly alarmed and called the doctor to report he could see the expander. I was horrified. Monday I will go back into surgery to remove my right expander. I have in the short span of a few hours cried, felt self-pity, been angry and blessedly feasted on words of Hope. It is one more stage to pass through. It will add months(3 I think) to my total treatment. Months to learn more and hopefully see God at work.

When I was first diagnosed with this cancer, I understood there was opportunity in the danger(Chinese for crisis). But here alone on the high seas of the storm it is often difficult to keep that perspective. At the end of each day though, I'm simply happy for another day even of trials. Another opportunity to tell you if you are receiving this email it is because I love you and am grateful for the chance to tell you so.

No comments: