Wednesday, January 28, 2009

December 2nd 2008, Recovering Anew

Pain is an odd thing and different for everyone. It seems to be all about the nervous system. I am a lot more comfortable today even though I feel as if I’m starting over with both breasts assaulted, tight bandaging and drains. No bathing for three days. But the extreme pain of the right expander and the discomfort of the leaky drain are gone. I have numbness on the breast area but so far it has been a blessing. My doctor says feeling will return slowly. True?

I have odd nerve feelings down my right underarm all the way to my wrist – the lymph node chain line I assume. The expanders were never supposed to be filled to start with. Seeing the thinness of my skin my doctor felt it would prevent the expanders from pushing through by being filled enoucgh to round the edges. In fact, he told me at my initial consultation that the chance of rejection from partially filled expanders was too risky and he didn’t subscribe to it. So imagine my surprise when I awoke to just that. In hindsight, I feel he should have chosen to close me up and plan on the alternative journey I am now on. Oh well, God has been busy working on me. I am not much of a sit still person so it has been a good time for me in that regard.

No comments: