Monday, March 10, 2008

People Patience

"For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly. For what credit is there if when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God" 1 Peter 2:19-20

There are two kinds of patience. Patience with circumstances and patience with people. I don't have to tell you which is the more difficult test.


What of those who always seem to bring out the worst in us? A new thought was presented to me - they are supposed to! When my worst comes out- it is me who is humbled. I see the ugly response in my mind(and sometimes my words) and am busted! Conviction leads to repentence and repentence to trust and trust to patience. Who am I to judge?

There are some who have caused me much pain. (I bet you have such a someone in your life). But God uses these individuals to work on me. Instead of reacting in the flesh as is common to man, He prompts me to pray for that person and in the process, my eyes are opened to considering the plight of that individual and I am changed by compassion.

When we recognize that someone is bringing out the worst in us, think about this - God WANTS the worst of us to get out and make room for His best for us!

No comments: