Monday, October 15, 2007

Doing Good

"Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."(Galatians 6:9)

I found myself needing fresh vision and inspiration so I asked God to refresh me. He gave me this verse. It's so easy to become complacent. Sometimes the needs are overwhelming. Sometimes I feel fear and even the ugly self-pity of depression.

Today this verse grabbed me. I am useful for my Lord. I am His hands, His feet, His mouthpiece. But it's up to me to act.

In the sweet little church where my son and I first met Christ, there was a large carved plaque over the door leading out of the church. It said "YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE MISSION FIELD". It may be closer than that. I determine today that as arise in the morning, as my feet hit the floor I am entering the mission field.

No comments: